Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Working On Customs

I can tell the weather is changing just by looking in the knitting basket.  Longies instead of shorties, cowls, long sleeved tops or tunics & scarves.  The colors tend to be richer and deeper than the bright colors of summer and spring.

On the needles now are convertible longies. A YYMN custom using “Athena” a fun colorway by Love Ewe Yarns on licorice twist. 

Tal & Conv 001

 

In a holding pattern right now is a Reid Romper using Little Trunks Knits “Poetry of the Earth”.

  I started the romper and quickly realized I would run short so Jenny is dying up more for us.WIP 002

The colors are so rich and vibrant I can’t wait to start back up.

 

Also on the needles is a “Tallulah Dress”  An adorable pattern recently released by By Suzanne Williams of La Petite Krott Creations.

Tal & Conv 003 

I plan to have it completed for stocking on the 22nd with Little Trunks Knits…that’s the plan anyway!  I’m using another colorway of Jenny’s  “Foxtrot”.  I wanted the skirt to have a soft drape so we chose gaia worsted for this one.  This kettle dyed variation is knitting up wonderfully.  I can’t wait to see it completed.

Stocking to the Katidids Etsy Shop tonight is a small pair of longies

Tal & Conv 008

I’ve had them in the works for a few weeks, I simply needed to weave in the ends & finished them the other night.

The pink Shrug is in the mail, I neglected to take photos before hand!

I also shipped #8…the last of the 8 pr of legs which coordinate with 2 pr of SMSS Bloomers.  I’ll have to see if I can get a “group” photo of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment