Friday, December 16, 2011

Trying To Clear the Needles

This year I plan to spend a few days during Christmas knitting for us. But, to do that guilt free, I’m finishing up a few customs.

My first ever cables

This year, one of my goals was to learn to knit cables….I’d done a fairly good job ignoring that goal…..and almost made it to years end when I was asked to knit these gloves by a very good customer of mine…how could I say no! 

Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault

Using Shasta Daisy Knit’s “Hoot Owl” on bulky merino.

These are so soft and squishy~ Super warm and comfy. 

Mitts, Girls sweaters and boku longies 001

They should be in the mail tomorrow if they are dry

And wow, I sure wish I’d tried cables earlier than this, they were so easy!

 

And matching shrugs for Evie and Alix.

Erika requested washable so I used Lion Brand Vanna Solids with the pattern

“Something Beautiful” Shrug from DaKine KnitsMitts, Girls sweaters and boku longies 003

and accented with sweet Tessa Ann Buttons.

Mitts, Girls sweaters and boku longies 005

Now to see if I can get the matching skirts sewn!

 

Also on the needles are longies for the YYMN Custom Knit winner.

The mama sent me 3 skeins of Plymouth Yarns BOKU

I started these this morning and am at the gusset now.  I should have them ready to ship by Monday

boku Longies 001

I’d better get to knitting while I can as it looks like we will finally get our tree up to night!

Stay warm out there!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment