Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A few Customs and Family Knits

Newborn Longies so tiny and sweet! A custom for Sara that will be gifting these to a little bean due in March.

The wool was hand dyed by fellow Etsian & Etsy Cloth Diaper Team member Little Monkey's Stitch n Spin  a Worsted Merino in the color “Neptune”   She has some really neat colors (yes I’ve picked up a few others) so be sure and check out her color work.

Neptune Longies (6)

The Gap-Tastic Cowl is completed and will be in the mail tomorrow. This Shasta Daisy Knits bulky so squishy and soft it will be hard to let this one go.  I may need to knit one for myself.

Gaptastic Cowl (4)

Ruhun Cowl/Headband a pattern by Kristiina V. I found on Ravelry

I used a wool acrylic blend in taupe, for a bit of cable practice

Ruhun in Taupe (2)

That was pretty easy so I decided to step it up a bit and tried this head band for my daughter Rachel.  She lives in Indianapolis and seems to think below 0 temps deserve hand knits to keep her ears warm! (But, It also works great as a cowl.)

Anthropologie Inspired Braided Head wrap by Jen Geigley again found on Ravelry

I modified the pattern and omitted the button band, added 2 more “braids” and kitchner stitched it together.

Braided Head Band 001

Since that was really easy this afternoon I cast on this hat for Alix called

Everyday Cables Baby Hat

by Lisa Storyfrom Handmade and Homemade Blog

Buttercup 001

The hat is done!

I’ll have photos of it tomorrow when I try it on Alix.

  For the life of me I don’t know why I was ever afraid to try cables!

It feels like a whole new knitting world has opened up.  I know there will be a few disasters along the way but I’m really excited to challenge myself to more complex patterns

Stay warm out there

Katie

1 comment: