Monday, March 19, 2012

Candy Girl

The new pattern from Melissa of Dakine Knits is in final stages of testing.

The simplicity of this dress style is like a canvas, pocket, bow, embellishing, swing top, there are just so many possibilities. The dress has a snug fitting bodice with negative ease but, a tad large and you could layer it over a top or “t” as the weather changes. 

My first test knit is size 18mo using Lollytree. 

Unfortunately I’ve misplaced to tag to note the colorway. 

Bodice and lace in Lollytree, solid stripes in Cascade 220

Candy Gir; 005

The second is a 0-6 month using Cascade 220 marls for the stripes and Inspired Mama Makes “Earthy Rainbow”  for accented straps, bow and lace

Earthy Rainbow Candy Girl 007

I have 2 more lined up

One is a custom using these wonderful colors from Raya Of Blissful Knits

I was thrilled when she said yes to creating mini skeins!

The greens are not showing correctly in this photo

IMG_2257

From fellow etsian eweandmeyarns

I think I’ll do the bodice in the yellow or deep teal and skirting in the colorway……I can’t decide but I know this one will be finished with a bit of embellishing on the skirt.

Dandilion

These will be stocked with Jenny on Little Trunks Knits the 28th of this month

Off to knit

Katie

2 comments:

  1. That first one especially is beautiful :-) What a lovely pattern

    ReplyDelete