Friday, March 16, 2012

Test Knitting for Myself

Test knitting and it’s for me!

The “Painted Hills Shawl

Design by Raya of Blissful Knits

Painted Hills Test 003

I’m using a colorway of hers “Secret Garden” on

 Blissful Knits & Dyeworks Cloud MCN Sock

I’ve drooled over this colorway for a while & as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it…exactly what I would use it to make I wasn’t sure but, then I saw this shawl Raya designed and I just knew!

Although the colors are not that of the “Painted Hills” theme, they are perfect for my tastes and style.

Painted Hills Test 001

Raya is know for her intricate and detailed designs & I’ve knit quite a few of her designs over the past few years.  I have to admit reading the directions of her patterns and thought “what? No way!”

I’ve learned to just follow the directions and am always pleased with the results  & so far “Painted Hills Shawl is proving to be no different!

Katie

1 comment: